- Education Specialist, School Administration and Leadership, Middle Tennessee State University
- Masters, Library Science and Media, University of West Alabama
- Masters, Elementary Education, University of North Alabama
- Bachelor’s, Elementary Education, Athens State University
- Certified Grant Writer State of Alabama
- Highly Qualified
- Lauderdale County High School: Assistant Principal
- Underwood Elementary: Library Media
- Anderson Elementary: Library Media
- Rogers: Library Media
- Rogers: Third Grade Teacher
- Central: Title I Reading Teacher
- Wilson: First Grade Teacher
I am a graduate of Rogers High School in Greenhill, Alabama. I have been an active member of the Lauderdale County School System all my life. I have a vested interest in our school system and more importantly L.C.H.S. I am excited to partner with our teachers, staff and community in the Rogersville area to make our school and students a huge success.
I am married to David Matthews and together we have five children (Cortney, Seth, Erin, Adam and Taylor) and two sweet granddaughters (Alona and Hallie). I enjoy all types of water sports as well as hunting, hiking and traveling to new places. I am a lover of music and books! I am an advocate and supporter of Children's Hospital and attend Triumph Church in TN where I teach the teens.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the World.”…Nelson Mandela