2011-2012 Lauderdale County Student Handbook and L.C.H.S. Policy
Click here to view the 2011-2012 Student Handbook for Lauderdale County Schools.
Local School Policy
LAUDERDALE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
2011-2012 ADDITIONS AND AMENDMENTS TO THE DRESS CODE
Straps must be a minimum of 2 inches wide. A bare midriff is defined as showing skin at the waist.
Low-cut tops exposing cleavage are considered disruptive.
Students wearing skirts should be no more than 2 inches above the knee. Students wearing shorts should not exceed mid-thigh.
No headwear may be allowed on campus. Students with hats will have the hat confiscated for a one week period and will have one day detention. Exceptions include approved school events.
DRESS CODE VIOLATIONS/CONSEQUENCES
Students who miss a class while in the office for a dress code violation will not be allowed to make up class work. Students will not be permitted to return to class until the violation is corrected.
1st violation Detention
2nd violation One day out-of-school suspension
3rd violation Administrator's discretion
Note: Teachers will check for dress code violations during 1st period.
All students are required to have a lock on rented lockers.
All students driving a vehicle to school must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance and will be required to purchase a parking sticker. Students must park in their assigned parking space.
LAUDERDALE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL TARDY POLICY
2nd Two page writing assignment or paddling
3rd Parent contacted and four page writing assignment or paddling
4th Office referral/detention
5th Out of school suspension
The tardy cycle will start over with each new semester.
Elementary tardies will be handled on a case by case basis.
Notes on Discipline
1. School is a place for learning. Misbehavior will not be tolerated.
2. We will observe all Board policies.
3. All students will be treated fairly.
4. Honesty is always appreciated and will affect the amount of punishment.
5. Disrespect toward teachers and staff is an automatic office referral.
6. Since fighting disrupts the educational process, students involved in a fight will receive:
1st offense - 3 to 5 days out of school suspension
2nd offense - 4 to 6 days out of school suspension
3rd offense - Alternative School
This is cumulative for grades 7-9 and 10-12.
7. Students who leave the school grounds without permission will receive a minimum of one (1) day out of school suspension.
8. Cell phones are permitted but must be carried out of sight in a purse, pocket or left in your car or locker.
ALL CELL PHONES MUST BE TURNED OFF AND OUT OF SIGHT WHILE IN CLASS! L.C.H.S. is not responsible for cell phones that are lost, stolen, or damaged at school.
9. Students who are suspended out of school will receive a zero for that day. A zero will be averaged into student's grade whether an assignment is given or not.